Publisher/Advertising Sales ManagerThe News Enterprise
Publisher/Advertising Sales Manager
The Kentucky Standard/PLG-TV
The Kentucky Standard, a Landmark Community Newspapers, LLC property located in Bardstown, Kentucky, is seeking qualiﬁ ed candidates for the position of Publisher/Advertising Manager.
The Publisher/Advertising Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the strategic and operational goals and objectives of the semi-frequency newspaper and afﬁ liated cable television operation. Leading staff members in the development and successful implementation of immediate, short-term and long-term strategies to improve print and online news and information content, accelerate proﬁ table advertising revenue growth of products and services, and expand the paid circulation penetration of the newspaper is paramount.
With a net paid circulation of approximately 5,800, The Kentucky Standard publishes on a Sunday, Wednesday, Friday frequency as the newspaper of record in Nelson County. PLG-TV is operated through a contractual agreement with the City of Bardstown.
The Publisher/Advertising Sales Manager position reports to the Publisher & Regional Manager of The News-Enterprise, Elizabethtown, Kentucky.
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical conduct and standards required.
- Experience as publisher of a similarly sized community newspaper preferred, or general manager of same required.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience as a community newspaper advertising sales manager or equivalent required.
- Experience managing cable television advertising and content desired.
- Experience establishing and effectively directing staff performance along multiple business goals and objectives and within an annual operating budget required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while effectively coordinating multiple strategic and operational projects and assignments on deadline and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to bring staff members together to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to analyze and use ﬁnancial data to make effective and efﬁcient business decisions.
- Ability to deﬁne problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement appropriate decisions in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Experience and background of innovative business growth.
- Possess excellent time management, planning, organization and delegation skills
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Achieve desired targeted ﬁnancial and operational results of the business unit.
- Develop and lead a diverse staff in the functional areas of advertising, news, customer service and production.
- Develop and operate within an annual operating revenue and expense budget to accelerate proﬁ t growth.
- Develop and operate within an annual strategic plan to accomplish audience, product and service improvement growth goals and objectives.
- Plan, develop and direct overarching activity of senior leaders and department managers to meet business unit goals and objectives.
- Plan, develop and assign print, digital and cable advertising sales responsibilities to local sales representatives.
- Actively participate in community organizations and represent the newspaper in community and civic activities.
Landmark Community Newspapers welcomes diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer