Circulation Home Delivery District ManagerThe News Enterprise
Circulation Home Delivery District Manager
The News-Enterprise Landmark Community Newspapers, LLC Elizabethtown, KY
The News-Enterprise, a Landmark Community Newspapers, LLC property, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Circulation Home Delivery District Manager. This position is a 40-hour full-time position. The primary responsibility of this position focuses on maintaining consistently high quality home delivery service to newspaper subscribers through contracted independent motor route delivery agents within an assigned geographic area. The use of a personal vehicle to perform assigned duties is required as necessary. The News-Enterprise is a daily community newspaper located in Elizabethtown, KY, approximately 50 miles south of Louisville, KY. The newspaper also publishes a weekly advertising shopper and various niche publications to serve the local and area marketplace.
• Demonstrated high ethical conduct and standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Valid driver’s license, reliable personal vehicle and cell phone, automobile insurance, and good driving record required.
• A geographical knowledge of Hardin, LaRue and Meade Counties preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to accomplish the business needs of the company.
• Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with fellow employees and independent agents contracted by the company to perform delivery and distribution services.
• Effective adaptability to perform changing work tasks and assignments to meet the business needs of the company.
• Proven ability to use word processing, spread sheet and electronic communication computer applications.
• Ensure consistent high quality home delivery service to subscribers of the newspaper through contracted independent motor route delivery agents within an assigned geographic area.
• Promote, recruit, contract and orient independent motor route delivery agents for home delivery service to subscribers.
• Quickly and effectively respond to open home delivery contract routes to ensure subscriber delivery service is not interrupted.
• Deliver newspapers to home delivery subscribers of the newspaper in a timely and efficient manner using personal vehicle when necessary.
• Troubleshoot and resolve home delivery service complaints received from customers in an effective and efficient manner.
• Implement promotions and procedures to grow net paid home delivery circulation while reducing service error complaints and churn.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to safely operate an automobile in daytime and nighttime hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer