Pianist/AccompanistMemorial United Methodist Church
Pianist/ Choir Accompanist
Part-time Status; Salary $12,360.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide accompaniment for the adult Cathedral Choir for the 11:00 am Sunday worship service.
- Provide music for the 8:30 am Hillside worship service, which includes music for congregational singing and other pieces as directed by the Director of Worship Ministries.
- Provide music for additional worship experiences, including, but not limited, to Christmas Eve services, funerals, and District/Conference events.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director of Worship Ministries, including, but not limited to, making and distributing copies of selected music, ensuring information is communicated on Planning Center Resources and Services, and contributing to communications with the choir.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience in playing piano and knowledge of sacred music.
- Demonstrable ability to sight read choral music at proficient level.
- Good oral and human relations skills.
- Proven track record of self-motivation and proficiency in planning, implementing, evaluating and constructing programs relative to this position.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact:
Rev. Neil Janes
- N. Miles St.
Elizabethtown, KY 42701