Parks GroundskeeperCity of Radcliff
The City of Radcliff is now accepting job applications for a Parks Groundskeeper position.
Job Overview: Under direct supervision, an incumbent in this class is responsible for performing semi-skilled and unskilled manual labor related to the care and maintenance of facilities (i.e. athletic/sports fields, benches, etc.). This position is required to perform ordinary protective service in general and specific upkeep of facilities and in the care of tools and equipment. Assignments are outlined in detail and work is frequently checked by inspection. Supervision is not usually a function of this position; however, the Park Groundskeeper may act as a lead in a crew of unskilled workers and/or trainees assigned to the facility (ies).
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses power equipment, i.e. tractor lawn mowers, grass cutters, etc. in the maintenance mowing, raking and cutting of grass in municipal parks;
- Uses various power and no-power tools in the trimming and/or removal of brush and trees in park areas;
- Performs repairs to park building(s), athletic/sports facilities, etc., which may involve minor electrical,
carpentry, plumbing, masonry, painting, cleaning of restrooms/shop/work areas, or other trade tasks;
- a pick-up truck or other vehicle to transport equipment, supplies or personnel to various park sites;
- Prepares athletic fields for play including cutting grass, removing litter/debris, lining fields, etc.;
- Maintains paths, driveways, and parking lots including sweeping of areas, snow removal, and minor black top repair;
- Maintains services and makes minor adjustments to power tools, motorized equipment and park
- Paints and repairs park benches, buildings, equipment, and fences, etc.;
- Participates in ground maintenance, including seasonal care of trees, shrubs, flowers, ground preparation for lawn rejuvenation, planning and fertilizing activities, including pesticide application and control;
- Provides manual labor functions as directed (e.g. digging holes, trenches, raking, hoeing and lifting, etc.;
- Performs janitorial and custodial maintenance of recreational facilities grounds;
- Assists in the performance of other departmental activities as assigned.
The City of Radcliff is an Equal Opportunity Employer.