Registered Nurse (RN) - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. - Nashville Inpatient Unit - Eligible for $4,000 Sign On Bonus!
Alive Hospice, Inc. Nashville, TN Full-time Nursing
Posted on October 24, 2020
Registered Nurse (RN) $4,000 Bonus Potential!
Location: Nashville, TN
Status: Regular Full Time
Days: Monday through Friday
If you have a passion for people and a desire to provide outstanding care and comfort to patients and their families,
while working within a professional team focused on clinical excellency, then we can't wait to speak with you!
The Registered Nurse provides hospice care and serves as case manager for assigned patients. Works with IDT to develop and implement hospice plan of care. Supervises Care Partners and LPNs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using nursing process and current standards of practice provides nursing care to assigned patients.
- In collaboration with IDT, patient, and family, establishes and implements hospice plan of care.
- Anticipates the need for and initiates interventions to prevent complications and to alleviate physical and psychological discomfort.
- Organizes and completes work in an effective and time efficient manner.
- Notifies Medical Director/designee and IDT of patient needs and/or changes in condition.
- Provides and maintains safe environment for patients, families, and other employees.
- Completes documentation per procedure and standards of practice including initial nursing assessment.
- Provide emotional support to patients and their families.
- Administer medications as ordered.
- Educates patients and/or families in disease process, hospice care, and signs/symptoms of approaching death.
- Implements and follows physician orders.
- Notifies Charge Nurse of significant changes in patient condition and any unrelieved symptoms.
- Gives complete report to the next shift.
- Reports complaints, issues, and incidents to Charge Nurse, Clinical Director or IPU Administrator.
- Delivers care in a cost efficient manner.
- Attends patient deaths.
- Supervises LPNs; serves as a resource for LPNs and other RNs.
- Works to ensure continuity of care with other shifts and home care team.
- Supervises Care Partners; ensures hospice standards of practice are followed while providing personal care, hospice plan of care is followed, infection control practices are followed, documentation is complete, safety practices are followed, and call lights are answered promptly.
- Orients new staff.
- Performs as Charge Nurse when designated by Clinical Director or IPU Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned.
Direct supervisor of Care Partners and LPNs.
The agency requires this position to complete 15 hours of continuing education per year covering topics that will contribute to improvements in carrying out the above responsibilities. Regulatory agencies may require some disciplines to have additional hours in order to be licensed or certified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including meeting the required competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Registered Nurse with a current nursing license, BSN preferred. Ability to apply for TN license within 30 days of hire. Knowledge of or willingness to learn hospice care. Minimum one year nursing practice or equivalent experience required. Hospice, Oncology, or Home Health and/or long-term care preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current TN RN License. Prefer Hospice certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.