Hospice Aide (CNA) - FT Days 7a-7p - Nashville Inpatient Unit
Alive Hospice, Inc. Nashville, TN Full-time Nursing
Posted on February 25, 2021
Hospice Aide (CNA)
Location: Nashville, TN and surrounding areas
Status: Regular Full Time
Days: 7a -7p
Hours: 3 to 4 days per week rotating schedule
If you have a passion for people and a desire to provide outstanding care and comfort to patients and their families,
while working within a professional team focused on clinical excellency, then we can't wait to speak with you!
The Hospice Aide is a member of the IDT who provides personal care and addresses personal needs under the direction, instruction and supervision of a nurse. Works to promote the patients comfort and assist in providing a safe patient environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides personal care including bathing, hair, skin and nail care, shaving, feeding, dressing, toileting, changing bed linens, etc.
- Treats each patient with dignity, respect, and observes their rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- Partners with the nurse to meet the needs of the assigned patients and families.
- Follows the instructions / directions of the Clinical Director and Charge Nurse.
- Provides emotional support to patients and families.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment in the patient rooms.
- Informs nurse of changes in patient condition or patient needs.
- Works to prevent skin breakdown
- Completes documentation per procedure including personal inventories on admission.
- Follows the hospice care plan as developed by the IDT.
- Remains in assigned work area unless directed otherwise by the nurse.
- Gives report to oncoming Hospice Aide including changes in patient condition.
- Assists with distribution of dietary trays to patients and returns trays to kitchen when patient is finished.
- Follows Alive Hospice policies and procedures and maintains current standards of practice.
- Involves volunteers in patient care as appropriate and works to enhance the volunteer's experience.
- Follows Infection Control procedures when providing personal care.
- Passes the Hospice Aide Competency test on an annual basis.
- Orient new Hospice Aide as requested.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including meeting required competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The agency requires the position to complete 12 hours of continuing education per year covering topics that will contribute to improvements in carrying out the above responsibilities. Regulatory agencies may require some disciplines to have additional hours in order to be licensed or certified.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED. Minimum of one year direct patient care or related experience. Professional maturity and ability to respond calmly and effectively in stressful situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Tennessee CNT Certificate
Current and valid Tennessee driver’s license and automobile insurance as required by Tennessee State Law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.