· Lead and provide vision to the NCAA staff and the committee members ensuring quality, consistency, fairness and timeliness in the processing of infractions appeals cases.
· Provide guidance and counsel to infractions committees on historical decisions and actions, present positions and interpretations, and development of process improvements.
· In collaboration with the chair of each infractions appeals committee, ensure that cases are processed effectively and efficiently. Provide counsel and guidance to the members of each infractions committee, including preparing advance memoranda of potential issues if needed.
· Ensure committee oral arguments and deliberations occur in accordance with NCAA policies and procedures. Assist the NCAA enforcement staff, office of committee on infractions, institutional representatives and other individuals in preparation for committee oral arguments and other dispositions.
· On a timely basis, manage the drafting process of infractions reports, and when necessary, assist in preparing and revising draft reports for the committees' review, consideration, editing and finalization. Prepare, using quality control measures, finalize public infractions reports following the committees' review and approval.
· Work with Committee on Infractions staff to maintain and update files documenting involvement of member institution staff members who have been found by the Committees to have been involved in infractions appeals oral arguments. Using this file, respond to requests from member institutions for information on candidates for coaching and administrative positions when the case might involve an appeal decision different than the COI decision.
· Provide supervision and management for infractions appeals committee NCAA staff members, liaisons and externs to ensure that their work is done effectively, efficiently and in conformance with the principles of leadership, inclusion communication, collaboration, and accountability. Additionally, partner with these staff members in their professional development.
· Lead and manage the office’s hiring needs and ensure that new staff members are properly oriented, trained, and equipped for their work.
· Provide leadership and oversight of the office’s quality control efforts to ensure that the staff’s and committees’ work product is always of the highest quality. Develop performance management metrics to measure success of the department’s activities and utilize these metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
· Develop performance metrics related to efficiency and target timelines for completion of tasks related to committee’s work.
· Work closely with the executive vice president of Law, Policy and Governance and collaboratively with the NCAA governance staff and Presidential leadership groups to fill committee vacancies while identifying key skills, experiences and abilities necessary to complement the existing committee composition and needs.
· In consultation with other NCAA staff members and the committee members, provide external outreach, support and education to the committee, membership, media and general public, using technology.
· Work collaboratively with the NCAA communications staff to arrange for and coordinate announcements of the committees' decisions. Explore strategic communications improvements to ensure the committee is prepared for any public communications that may need to accompany the release of major infractions appeals decision.
· Beyond casework, provide oversight and management of the operations of the committees, to include communications, onboarding, ongoing education, materials and meeting planning and logistics.