The Delivery Area (DA) Manager manages the daily activities of the service tech and home delivery teams he is assigned. The DAM is responsible for the performance, staffing, service level of the delivery area, including training, evaluations, and discipline. Communicates daily with all employees to address any issue, review past performance (exceptions, time windows, planned to actual performance) and today’s expectations.
Includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Capacity in the DA for home delivery and service. Work with Logistics and the PC manager to ensure the capacity matches the budget, equipment and overtime plan.
- Will review service level and adjust the days of the week we deliver and make service calls.
- Review the zip code schedule and adjust the frequency we delivery to a zip where needed.
- Approves out of normal service schedule or deliveries
- Monitors the fuel purchases for the delivery trucks and service vans assigned to the deliver area
- Truck and Van maintenance and repair.
- Driver “ride alongs” and a trip report will be completed after each ride along. The manager is expected to do “ride alongs” 50% of their time.
- Hiring and firing of the drivers, helpers and service technicians. The distribution manager will be on site for both.
- Disciplinary actions. The DA Manager will be on site depending on severity. All disciplinary actions will be reviewed with a distribution HR manager to ensure compliance with established best practices.
- Scheduling and tracking of vacation.
Approve all time worked and incentive pay where applicable. The distribution manager ensures the time is accurate.
Assigning routes. Overtime control as a consideration. The distribution manager will assign all routes.
Scheduling of non-delivery or service work at a store will need to be preplanned with the DA manager and PC manager.
Approval of any personnel not taking a scheduled lunch and have this reflected in the time keeping system.
Distribution manager will maintain DOT files.
Scheduling a bi-weekly meeting with delivery and service teams.
Securing a lead driver
Complete all assigned General Controls on a timely basis.
- Ability to work with different levels of management, including Distribution, Store and, Profit Center
- Outstanding communication skills (both Oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be self motivated, detailed and results driven
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to handle problems and make key decisions under tight time constraints
- Excellent computer skills, including general PC, Telogis, BOS and HVTnet
- Previous experience in one or more of the following areas: Delivery Driver, Delivery Assistant and/or Service Technician desirable
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon request of his/her supervisor.
Nearest Major Market: Amarillo
Job Segment: Manager, Management
It's astonishing to think of all that has changed since 1885, when J.J. Haverty founded Haverty Furniture Company in downtown Atlanta. Through the early years, as we spread to Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas and beyond, sales collectors were making their rounds by horse and buggy.
As a company, we have changed dramatically over the years. As of 1929, we have been a publicly traded company, and today we have over 128 stores in 18 states, serving millions of loyal customers.
In fact, the only thing more remarkable than all the things that have changed since the beginning is all the things that have not - our friendly service, affordable prices, and high quality furniture.