TrueNorth, an Insurance and Financial Strategies firm with headquarters in downtown Cedar Rapids, is currently seeking a Contractor Risk Advocate
to join our Fleet team in Transportation.
The Contractor Risk Advocate's primary responsibility is to receive incoming calls & correspondence from transportation companies and contractors, as well as, process applications/changes/terminations, in order to provide outstanding customer service.
The ideal candidate will add to and bolster TrueNorth’s unique culture – a fast paced environment that is client focused and results driver. We are built on enthusiasm, entrepreneurship, integrity, communication, proactive problem solving and a genuine passion for serving others.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Education & Experience:
- Answer phones in a professional and timely manner to ensure customers are serviced appropriately.
- Maintain quality customer service with clients on a daily basis by providing consistent, timely and accurate service.
- Ensure applications and changes are completed accurately and timely.
- Maintain knowledge of client specific coverages.
- Maintain and update agency systems as necessary.
- Create and mail certificates for transportation companies, contractors, lien-holders, and clients.
- Follow-up with transportation companies on incomplete applications and change forms.
- Open and determine distribution of incoming mail, daily.
- Organize time in advance so projects are completed on time and with appropriate content and organization.
- Complete any special projects assigned by the expected deadline.
- Maintain and stay current on agency systems and department processes.
- Increase industry and job knowledge as measured by attendance at continuing education, attaining or updating designations, and participation in other agency training offerings.
- Perform other duties as assigned appropriate to the position.
Skills & Competencies:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- College degree or comparable work experience preferred
- Prior customer service experience is required
- Property /Casualty insurance licensing must be obtained within 30 days of employment; Life, Health & Accident insurance licensing required within 90 days of employment.
- Must also have experience in Microsoft Office; specifically Intermediate Word and Excels kills and basic PowerPoint skills.
- Demonstrate the core LEGACY values and respect for fellow co-workers, internal and external clients.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, promoting and representing the department and company, and adhering to other policies as they are further described in the Employee Handbook.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Strong and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills – must be able to manage projects and time independently
We offer a competitive benefit package, wellness incentives, and a positive work culture. Get a glimpse of our culture through our videos by visiting www.truenorthcompanies.com
TrueNorth is honored to be recognized as Corridor Business Journal as #1 on the 2017 Corridor Top Insurance Agencies & Brokerages lists.
TrueNorth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA