The Sam Bernstein Law firm is seeking a dynamic professional to join our high volume office as a Litigation Secretary who has experience in Personal Injury.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review incoming mail to determine urgency and work with attorneys accordingly
- Effectively compose various legal documentation
- Maintain attorney calendar as well as maintain diary and tickler dates appropriately. Review calendar daily and proactively handle upcoming events
- Strong understanding of legal terminology, local court/jurisdiction rules and adhere to law office procedures
- Excellent word processing skills (intermediate to advanced level in Word, Microsoft Outlook)
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong knowledge of court rules and filing procedures (including e-filing)
- Must be able to multi-task, possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be a team player
- Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with large team
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading skills and overall attention to detail
- Strong understanding of Personal Injury, especially Auto 1st and 3rd
Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO
Job Type: Full-time
We are a compassionate law firm that honors a family tradition and spirit of service to our clients and community. We help each other to do our noble work that serves justice, strengthens our organization, enriches our lives, and helps people.
Since 1970, The Sam Bernstein Law Firm has been providing legal help to accident victims across the state of Michigan. Carrying on the philosophy of Mandell Bernstein, we treat each client with the care and respect they deserve when facing the trauma and emotional distraught of personal injury. With our combined total of more than 250 years of legal service, our highly trained and qualified attorneys will offer you the security and defense to win you justice.
Location/Region: Detroit, MI (US)