Vaco has been engaged by a Birmingham-based company to identify an Accounts Payable Clerk to add to their growing staff. The Accounts Payable Clerk will report directly to the Controller and will be responsible for full cycle, high volume accounts payable.
- Review all accounts payable invoices for appropriate documentation and make approval prior to payment
- Sort and match invoices and check requests
- Set invoices up for payment and process check requests
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and/or payment terms
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers and ACH payments
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy
- A college degree in a business related field is preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of progressive experience in accounting, specifically in accounts payable
- High attention to detail and exceptional organization skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED. DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER VACO POSTING. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL OPEN VACO OPPORTUNITIES.
Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.
About this company
To the people we serve, Vaco is more than just a name. It’s a revolutionary thought process, a game-changing business model, and a loud-and-clear rallying cry for entrepreneurial spirits who want more. Yes, Vaco provides expert consulting, permanent placement, executive search and strategic staffing for companies across the country and around the world, in all kinds of different industries. We place qualified candidates in hard-to-fill positions and solve tough problems for businesses. But most importantly, we help people find freedom.
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (US)