Job Summary: Assists the cook and Chef Manager in preparing, serving, and sanitation of the dining facility, equipment, and surfaces.
· Responsible for the set up and breakdown of serving line.
· Responsible to help keep the dining and kitchen area clean and organized.
· Notify staff of items that need to be replenished and restocked.
· Responsible for helping to rotate perishable items at the end of the shift, to help ensure fresh product.
· Responsible for serving students, staff, and guests in a pleasant, efficient, courteous and professional manner.
· Responsible for assisting with dishes when necessary.
· Responsible for the changing and emptying of trash receptacles.
· Responsible for coming to work neat and clean and in proper attire.
· Be familiar with the communication system in the event of an emergency.
· Responsible for assisting with some programming and activity events when required.
· Assists workers engaged in preparing foods by performing any combination of duties to include washing, peeling, cutting, and seeding vegetables and fruits.
· Cleans, cuts, and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood.
· Dips food items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them.
· Stirs and strains soups and sauces. Weighs or measures designated ingredients.
· Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator.
· Stores foods in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and food spoilage.
· Clean kitchen and commons area(s), equipment and utensils, segregates and removes garbage, and steam-cleans or hoses garbage containers.
· Distributes supplies, utensils, and portable equipment, using hand truck.
· Assists in inventory of expendable and non-expendable supplies and materials.
· Operate kitchen equipment including dishwasher, slicer, mixer, etc.
· Know and follow all safety and sanitary rules and regulations related to food handling.
· Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
· Models, mentors, and monitors appropriate career success skills.
· Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
· Performs other duties as assigned within the individual’s scope and capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience: High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in food service strongly preferred. NRA Food Service Sanitation or equivalent/Serve Safe and valid driver’s license required.
Endless Horizons is seeking qualified finance candidates to fill several positions in our Washington DC operations