NOW HIRING - CDL Driver - $16.00 to start. No experience necessary. $500 Sign on Bonus for Pre-Certified Access-A-Ride Drivers. 2 Weeks Paid Training. $880 PAID AFTER COMPLETION OF 80 HOURS TRAINING INTO SERVICE. Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Paid Vacation, Personal/Sick Time and Holidays. Birthday Paid as a Holiday. Company Paid Life Insurance Policy. 401K available. Attendance & Safety Bonus.
The following is a guideline used by GVC II to select CDL Driver - Paratransit candidates for employment: If you do not meet the qualifications please do not fill out an application.
1) At the time of pre-employment a candidate must be at least 21 years old .
2) You must be able to read, write and speak the English language well enough to:
- Converse with other people,
- Understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language,
- Answer questions from officials and Employer
- Make entries on reports and records.
- (Page 1-3 New York State Commercial Driver’s Manual)
3) All paratransit driver candidates must have a CDL with passenger endorsement.
4) All driver candidates must have held a drivers license for 3 years or more.
5) All driver candidates must currently possess a valid New York State Driver’s license.
6) All paratransit candidates must have no more than 4 points on their license in the past 3 years.
7) All candidates must have no more than 2 accidents or 2 convictions in the past 3 years.
8) Candidates must not have a pending DMV violation or court case at the time of driver employment processing.
9) If a paratransit candidate held a license from another state within the past 5 yrs , an abstract from that state must be provided at the time of pre-employment interview.
10) All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment Federal Drug Test and a DOT Physical.
11) Preferably some knowledge of all 5 boroughs: (Bronx / Manhattan / Queens / Brooklyn / Staten Island)
12) At time of interview candidate must present ALL Disposition letter(s) from the courts for all misdemeanor/felony convictions. (Conviction of a crime is not an automatic bar to employment.)
13) Must be able to complete a full 2 weeks (10 day) training in order to qualify. (no exceptions)
Apply in person at 905 Brush Avenue, Bronx NY 10465.
GVC II is a Bronx based demand responsive Para-Transit Company, providing specialized transportation services for people with disabilities or special needs. As part of the NYC Access-A-Ride program, we offer on-demand call-up door-to-door service from any origin to any destination in the NYC area. GVC II serves the public by ensuring a safe, efficient, accessible and convenient transportation system that meets the vital requirements of all Access-A-Ride customers. We promote excellence and foster a disciplined culture of safety, service and trust through consistent training and evaluation. We continually upgrade the skills and abilities of our team in an effort to achieve the highest level of safety and customer satisfaction in order to improve the quality of life for people with specialized transportation needs. GVC II goes beyond the expectations of our customers to deliver a convenient and reliable service. If you are interested in getting involved with our team, please visit 905 Brush Avenue in the Bronx and take the first step toward your new future.
Location/Region: Bronx, NY (US)