Freddie Mac has an exciting opportunity for a Development, Senior (Java) to contribute to the Development and Maintenance of LAS Portal System. LAS Portal is the gateway to Freddie Mac’s mission critical Loan Advisory Suite for Single Family Loans. We are seeking a motivated individual who can Solution the business need, Design and Develop enterprise software applications on a Java and Weblogic platform and has strong SOAP and REST Web Service development experience. As senior member of the IT team, the Individual would either independently lead the solution delivery of a project or a module of a project. The individual would champion of technology and tools changes/improvements that improves delivery processes. Be a role model and technical mentor to the junior and midlevel developers, work alongside of highly collaborative, open minded, technology savvy and dedicated members.
• Lead independently whole technical delivery from solution to deployment, contributing to the success of project(s)
• Understand Business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and guide project team/sponsors in identifying best solution
• Participate in Requirements Analysis; design Applications based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy applications
• Contribute to the enhancement of department application development/delivery standards, tools and processes
• Evangelize the new technologies and tools, promote top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability
• Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address defects
• Typically has 6-8 years of experience in Solution, Design and Development of web applications using the Java EE, JSP, XML, Weblogic.
• 3-5 years of experience with Web Service Development
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
• Expert in Object Oriented Analysis and Design using Java and UML
• Extensive use of Eclipse (commonly used plug-ins and debug techniques)
• Expert in JEE patterns and ability to use commonly used on in real time situations
• Experience in using Java presentation frameworks – STRUTS or similar frameworks, and JQuery
• Integration experience using Web Services and EJB preferably on Weblogic platform
• Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages – ANT and Shell script
• Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk
• Strive to constantly improve the application development processes and tools
• Prior experience working in an Agile development environment
• Works independently on multiple projects. Also have ability to lead junior and mid-level developers in technology delivery
• Good communication and ability to convey technology solutions to business
• Quick learner of new technologies and tools
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: McLean, VA