ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Develops and modifies strength and conditioning programs to meet individualized needs.
Provides on-field assessment, care and prevents injuries by taping, bracing and practicing preventive exercises.
Communicates with parents/guardians, coaches and administrators, completes daily documentation, identifies patient need for services from ancillary departments and provides follow-up and referrals.
Serves as an athletic trainer in identified school or club sports / sport league and delivers competent age appropriate care to young athletes.
Integrates infection control, patient safety, body mechanics, knowledge of growth and development into practice.
Ensures client safety by being proficient with all components of all offered programs, including proper progressions for exercises, technique preferred by the center, and screening tools.
Develops and assists in injury prevention, performance and return to sports programs for young athletes in collaboration with physical therapists.
Runs prevention and performance groups and trains clients in a private or small group setting, as assigned.
Trains Outreach staff and maintains competencies for ATC contract coverage.
Communicates with Outreach staff in coordinating and scheduling ATC coverage at school or club sports.
Immediately reports any mechanical/electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/patient/visitor injuries/accidents, or other safety issues to supervisor, school Athletic Director or other designee.
Recommends equipment and resources for program development.
Assists Rehab Sports Medicine staff with marketing and presenting services to community. Oversees development of various materials to facilitate unit or department programs and services.
Assists the leader of Rehab Sports Medicine in evaluating individual program effectiveness, tracking outcomes and implementing necessary program changes.
Facilitates program objectives by acting as a liaison with staff, faculty and outside/community agencies.
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training preferred
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist preferred
- Experience and expertise in the Overhead Athlete preferred
- Strong business acumen and experience in contract development and negotiations
- Excellent ability to build and foster relationships with external partners and stakeholders
- Must be able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers
- Ability to read, comprehend and assist with implementing injury prevention and return to sport programs
- Able to provide proper instructions/cuing to patients during programs
- Ability to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to properly educate and/or communicate to participants in a small group setting
- Able to effectively convert current evidenced based/best practice techniques into care of the athlete
- Able to efficiently and effectively problem solve multiple variable situations
- Microsoft Office Suite competency