As an Audit Director for the Multifamily, Finance and Capital audit team an individual will lead multiple audit projects simultaneously, including audits, follow ups, and pre-implementation reviews. This individual will be the primary person responsible for overseeing high-risk complex audits, fostering thought leadership and communicating issues with the senior members of the management team.
The Multifamily (MF), Finance and Capital audit team audits a variety of areas. Having a solid understanding of the concepts in the below areas is critical for success in this role:
• end-to-end processes for Multifamily division
• financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments across business segments
• regulatory and economic capital framework for measuring corporate profitability
As a member of the leadership team, audit directors will also be responsible for:
• administrative tasks, including resource allocation and scheduling
• management and audit committee reporting
• and assisting with the annual planning process
• coaching and mentoring junior level staff
• work on internal investigations
• other ad hoc requests, as needed
• Typically has 15+ years of experience, including 10+ years of previous experience in public accounting, risk management or internal audit; other relevant experience may be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• Solid understanding of the financial services industry, including multifamily, financial reporting, economic capital, and stress testing.
• Experience auditing financial institutions with a focus on financial risk. Demonstrates proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments.
• Experience conducting audits in some or all the following areas: Underwriting, Securitization, Loan Loss Reserve, Stress Testing, and Valuations of financial products.
• Executive communications skills (both oral and written).
• Active CIA or CPA certification.
• Financial Institution or Big 4 advisory experience is highly preferred.
• Advanced accounting degree or experience in Technical Accounting.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: McLean, VA