Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services; compiling and maintaining accounts payable records. Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Match invoices to receiving documents.
- Post invoices into the computer system.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Answers all vendor inquiries and researches vendor statements, phone calls and discrepancies.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files in Company business system.
- Assists CFO and Accounting personnel as necessary.
- Prepares cleared checks for storage.
- Assembles and processes overnight shipments to branches.
- Performs filing and coping.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Qualified applicants must possess at minimum a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent; Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred; one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be familiar with fundamental accounting concepts; basic math skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills; specifically spreadsheets, email and word processing.
- Proven history of self-starting, resourcefulness and providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes initiative to ensure work is completed efficiently and receives proper approval.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Number of Openings 1
Location Louisville Corporate
About the Organization Since 1962, ISCO Industries has been a global customized piping solutions provider headquartered in Louisville, Ky. ISCO stocks and sells a wide variety of HDPE pipe, piping materials (including PP-RCT), and offers custom HDPE fabrication to provide piping solutions for multiple applications such as: industrial, municipal, power, oil and gas, mining, environmental, geothermal, golf, culvert-lining and landfill. The company also rents, services and sells McElroy fusion equipment. ISCO has more than 30 facilities, including several international locations. ISCO inventories large stockpiles of HDPE pipe and piping products.
ISCO has also been ranked as the #2 Employer of Choice in the Medium Company category as a Best Place to Work in Kentucky in 2015, #5 Employer of Choice as a Best Place to Work in Kentucky in 2014, #4 Employer of Choice as a Best Place to Work in Kentucky in 2013, #5 Employer of Choice as a Best Place to Work in Kentucky by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and the KY Society for Human Resource Management for 2012, and was ranked #15 as an Employer of choice in 2011 as well as being recognized as one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in Louisville. Also, a Work-site Wellness Silver Award winner for the last 2 years and one of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies for the last 12 of 14 years.
As a valued team member, you will enjoy:
• Competitive wages
• Fantastic benefits package that includes: medical, dental, and vision coverage
• 401(k) with company match
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan - stock retirement plan. You become a part-owner of this large company!
• All Major holidays are paid time off
This position is currently accepting applications.
Location/Region: Louisville, KY (US)