BRAKE PRESS OPERATOR
Kentuckiana Curb Company, Inc. d/b/a KCC Manufacturing, an employee owned heating and cooling manufacturer located in Jeffersontown, Kentucky is advertising an opening for the following position: Brake Press Operator.
Function: Set-up and operate brake press to bend sheet metal to drawing specifications. Must be capable of utilizing common measurement devices to check part compliance to specifications.
- Receives work instructions, prints and routers for the job.
- Utilize measuring devices such as protractor, vernier calipers, micrometer, thickness gage, machinist square, etc. to check and verify accuracy of work.
- Knowledge of press brake operation and material limitations.
- Performs operator daily maintenance of machine and tooling as required.
- Knowledge of press brake tooling and tooling applications
- Shall be responsible for setting up press brake tooling.
- Shall be responsible for programming the operation of a CNC press brake.
- Thorough understanding of press brake and heavy machinery safety.
- Thorough understanding of sheet metal handling safety.
- Capable of reading part drawings and understanding tolerance requirements.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds without the use of lifting equipment.
- Capable of setting ram pressure and adjustment to assure correct die clearance due to metal thickness as indicated by measurement devices.
- Must be capable of understanding and operating press brake controls and can stand for extended periods of time.
- May be required to obtain a fork truck drivers license.
- Reporting machine and tooling problems to Team Leader.
- May be required to assist maintenance in the repair of press brake.
- Maintenance and safeguarding personal protective equipment. Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Preventing unsafe acts.
- Other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
- Recommend drawing changes, equipment changes or improvements, reduce setup time and tooling costs
- Metal forming training/apprenticeship.
- Must be capable of using common measuring equipment for sheet metal.
- Work involves varying degrees of precision and control where damage could be caused by lack of required skills.
- The work area must be examined before and monitored during work to maintain a clean and safe environment to prevent injury to self and others.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Requires bending, stooping and standing
- Must be able to stand from six (6) to eight (8) hours per day. (Overtime may extend time period).
- Good visual and spatial perception
KCC MANUFACTURING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About this company
KCC Manufacturing is a leading developer and provider of HVAC and roof system products. Founded in 1987, Kentuckiana Curb Company, Inc., now KCC Manufacturing, has achieved impressive growth by operating on these simple principles: Outstanding customer service, Competitive prices, The highest quality products shipped and delivered on time. KCC Manufacturing’s two facilities allow them to ship anywhere in North America, giving you the advantages of competitive freight rates and faster delivery.