ABOUT US:German American Bancorp and its family of financial services companies employ talented, compassionate people throughout the organization, truly making German American special. Delivering genuine, customized, personal service with a focus on truly serving customers and communities well, our employees bring the Shield of Excellence commitment to life with each and every interaction.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Function as client’s point of contact with a focus on a high degree of customer service. Build rapport and capitalize on relationship building with our clients. Service and advise clients on German American Property and Casualty personal lines insurance such as home, auto, umbrella, watercraft, etc. Contribute to the growth and success of our organization.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Deliver a high degree of customer service and exceed customer expectations.
2. Filters through daily communication logs to ensure accurate downloads were received. Check policies & endorsements for accuracy in rating, typing, coverages, and signatures.
3. Review renewals and remarket when necessary. Determine coverages, prepare & present proposals.
4. Maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier. Negotiate with company underwriters.
5. Accept phone calls, email, and other correspondences from clients and companies to resolve requests or determine when to work with producer or other party when necessary. Process and provide any requests for certificates of insurance and evidence of property.
6. Process policy changes and payments on carrier websites.
7. Maintain a suspense system inside agency management. Follow up on outstanding requests, correspondences, and underwriting items. Manage expiration activities to ensure policies renew.
8. Assess a client’s insurance needs, identify gaps in coverage, and provide recommendations. Continuously seek new opportunities to sell coverage and new lines of business.
9. Maintain up to date electronic filing. Document any correspondence with customers, underwriters, and other 3rd parties.
10. Be familiar with and follow agency E & O guidelines.
11. Perform special projects at manager’s request.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
-At least 3 years experience in a customer service role
-Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
-Ability to connect with insureds and build a trusting, consultative relationship
-Enjoy working in a challenging environment and foster an ability to sell
-Enjoy helping others, including team members
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Possess organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
Location/Region: Jasper, IN