Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Cylinder Handler/Sorter inEvansville, IN!!! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more! Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!! Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment to Airgas!
JOB SUMMARY: The Cylinder Handler/Sorterwill have safety as their top priority. This position is loads, sorts, repackages compressed and liquefied gas into cylinders. The successful candidateshould havea high degree of interest working in a busy plant production environment, which requires a sense of urgency and willingness to do whatever it takes to support our customers. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Complies with all safety requirements, safety procedures and rules as prescribed by Airgas Inc., State and Federal agencies. Working safely is our number one priority.
- Identifies, sorts and palletizes cylinders by size and product for efficient refilling and handling.
- Replaces safety valves on cylinders and removes and replaces labels on cylinders as required.
- Positions cylinders in manifold racks and operates equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs all required prefill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
- Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
- Reports any equipment or facility defects to supervisor.
- Regularly inspects and maintains pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices
- Completes and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Operates forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment to safely load/unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles.
- Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Represents Airgas Inc. in a professional and dignified manner at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Previous cylinder sorting and filling cylinders experience, a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculations
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 10 to over 100degrees
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free work environment
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Primary Location:United States-Indiana-Evansville-47715
Job Posting:Oct 9, 2017, 7:25:07 PM
Location/Region: Evansville, IN (US)