CENTRO DE SALUD FAMILIAR LA FE, INC.
Job Title: AHP I
The Medical Assistant position known at La Fe as an Allied Health Paraprofessional (AHP) is responsible for performing routine administrative and or clinical duties as required. Forms an open and supportive therapeutic relationship with patients in a bilingual, culturally sensitive manner. Responsible for complying with La Fe’s customer relations’ protocols and policies in the delivery of daily services.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Responsible for greeting and providing courteous assistance to all individuals entering the clinic.
2. Assists in the provisions of clinical services.
3. Provides effective and efficient routine administrative duties.
4. Responsible for maintaining accurate and current record keeping functions
5. Attends and participates in regular departmental, organization and committee, meetings, conferences, work shops, etc.
6. Assists with department support functions.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
III. MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
A. Work Experience
0 to 2 years of experience in a health care setting.
Certificate of completion from formal training program offered in a vocational school as a Medical Assistant. CPR Certified.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
1. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
2. Ability to exercise good judgment in unusual or stressful situations.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
4. Ability to work with minor details.
6. Ability to work with a numeric filing system.
7. Must have basic computer skills.
8. Ability to deal with the public in a professional, courteous and
9. Ability to relate well to persons of all ages and cultures.
10. Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
11. Knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the
12. Knowledge of laboratory techniques.
13. Bilingual English/Spanish.
IV. PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ability to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Location/Region: El Paso