The general scope of this position’s responsibility is to work closely with the Line Tech. The Helper must be able to perform numerous tasks as the Line Tech sees fit. He must pay attention to the roll quality as he puts the rolls on the skid. He must apply himself on a daily basis to learn the film manufacturing process, as well as safety and quality issues. He must be able to work as a team player with the rest of the crew and other employees. He must be able to work safely and professionally around all moving equipment.
Production Helper assists Operators in producing a top quality plastic film in a safe, efficient and effective manner. He/She must be able to read and understand instructions well and make continuous efforts to improve the quality of the product. He/She must be job flexible and willing to work different machines as needed and perform well in a customer driven, safety conscience organization.
- Fill in on any line as needed.
- Learn the extrusion and change over processes
- Learn packaging procedures and materials.
- Learn string up procedures for all machines.
- Distinguish between acceptable and non-conforming products and work to prevent any roll nonconformities.
- Make a continuous effort to use all reusable materials to improve cost/productivity.
- Understand procedures for flush outs and changeovers.
- Cut product cores to tolerances specified.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Attend all shift meetings
- Understand resin drawing system.
- Understand quality policy and ISO procedures for operations.
- Make continuous effort to keep machine and area neat and clean.
- Must be safety conscience at all times.
- Must read and understand written instructions in line books.
- Support line team and plant teams in continuous improvement.
- Must be able to work with and follow instructions given by the Line Operator.
- Helper has dotted line responsibility to machine operator and star point leaders.
- Take the initiative to keep line running and support operator.
- Must work with co-workers as a team member.
- Any other duties as determined by the MSO.
- Must be willing and able to work 12 hour days.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. continuously and consistently over 12 hour period daily
- Climbing stairs
- Working from secured platforms of up to 40 feet high.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Wear all personal safety equipment required by Company policy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in an industrial environment.
- Familiar with best practice safety procedures.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Fork truck operations
- Familiar with Statistical Process Control charts.
- Good mathematical skills
- Experience with automated manufacturing equipment.
- Experience with plastic film manufacturing preferred.
Berry Plastics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location Danville, KY 40422 US (Primary)
Shift Type 12 Hour Night Category Production Career Level General Job Classification Hourly Travel None Exemption Type Education High School or GED Salary Range $14.32
Location/Region: Danville, KY (US)